Monday, April 23, 2012

FYI *** A SPECIAL NOTE FROM THE POET

Normally, I don't post after Sunday, but this information is too good to pass up.

Yesterday, my wife Trudi and I and some close friends went to a museum called PASSAGES. It has biblical artifacts such as Torahs & Torah cases and many bibles (both Old and New Testaments) from the inception of when they were first written down. Eventually they were put into print. The displays show them in many different styles and languages with pictures in both black & white and color from all parts of the world, and shows how the early printing took place

Everything on display was extremely interesting. Each display case had number & you wore a head set attached to an IPAD. Where you punched in the main number of the cases & a narrator would explain details about each article in the display. It took us over 4 hours to go through the entire exhibit. You were able to leave the facility and come back. They also had tickets for extended visits if you wanted to come back on a different day. The only difficulty that I had was a lot of walking & my(almost) 75 yea old feet were hurting. They did however have many seat where you could rest.

If this should interest you, whether you live in the U.S or plan on visiting, I suggest you look up PASSAGES on the internet (google) The display has already been in several mid western cities and is now in Atlanta, Georgia. They are trying to get permits for Charlotte, North Carolina next. Tickets are pretty reasonable and there are numerous types of discounts. I don't know how long they stay in one area, but I assume that it's not for a short time.

I hope that some of my readers find this information useful and take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment