Saturday, April 6, 2013

TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK



TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK

The Lord said to turn the other cheek
It was a metaphor to deal with pride
Fools will keep the controversy going
The wise cast these aspersions aside

It’s not the easiest of tasks to undertake
When a remark hurts you to the quick
And if you’re able let a remark slide by
You know that you skin is pretty thick

Sticks and stones will break your bones
But ill words can only hurt your pride
One of the worst things that you can do
Is to keep the problem bottled up inside

As I said before it won’t be an easy thing to do
Some things are just not that easy to let go
It’s a learning process as well as a trust issue
If you have a deep faith you’ll surely know

You’ll know that God sees the adversity
And He will deal with it in His own way
So just turn it over to Him in your mind
God hears your thoughts as you silently pray

This is a problem that even I was guilty of 
But God commanded me to search my Soul 
Whatever the problem was no longer exists 
For the Lord’s wisdom has made me whole 

If you have a problem I hope you’ll do as I did 
Praise the Lord for His Mercy Love and Grace 
Having put these words from print to practice 
I know that He has put me in a far better place

 

No comments:

Post a Comment