Sunday, October 30, 2011

ARE YOU OBSERVANT

A NOTE FROM THE POET:

Before I post this week’s 2 poems, I have a few comments. First, I want to thank all of my readers throughout the world for visiting my web site.

For those of you who don’t know me personally, I’ll expound on what is written on my blog bio. I was born to Jewish parents on Long Island. I have 2 daughters and 3 grandchildren from my first marriage. After the Lord planted a seed in me in my late 40s, about what it would be like as a Jew to know my Jewish Messiah, Yeshua, (Jesus) He didn’t allow it to happen until just before my 63rd birthday. Although I started writing poetry in 1950, I hadn’t written in 25 years prior to my Salvation. The Lord reopened that door on the very first day of my renewed life and I have been serving Him through the words that He gives me (at any time, day or night) to share with you ever since. (Although my poetry is there for everyone, my mission is to reach the unsaved Jew. (like I was) for them to be completed in the truth of our Jewish Messiah.

In 2001, the Lord began to complete the cycle of my life, blessing me when He put a Godly woman in my life. Trudi and I were married in 2004.. I now have 2 more terrific daughters and 6 more grandchildren, as well as an adopted daughter and another grandson. (She’s the one who led me to the Lord & I adopted her (not legally) when she was30 years old.

For those who may no understand my Spiritual belief, Messianic Judaism is biblical Judaism. The unequivocal word from God as given to His Prophets and Apostles written in the complete bible from Genesis through Revelation. Messianic Judaism is Jews and Gentiles who worship Yeshua just like He worshiped Father God, by observing and celebrating all of God’s commanded festivals and keeping all Jewish customs and traditions.

For those who might say, “ He can’t be Jewish and know Jesus”, let me put that to rest. I was born a Jew and will die a Jew. Nothing will ever change that.

Lastly, and this goes for my worldwide readers as well, if you’re ever in the Atlanta, Ga. area, come worship with us at Congregation Beth Hallel in Roswell. Ga., and if you can’t get there, there are Messianic Jewish congregations throughout the world. It will be a life changing experience. Blessings in Yeshua,
Joel

ARE YOU OBSERVING GOD’S COMMANDMENTS

The Sovereign Lord God of all creation
Gave us Commandments His set of rules
Many people choose to disregard them
God classifies every of them as fools

In the Old Testament sacrifices were made
An unblemished animal on the altar slain
Some were defiled and prayers unanswered
It was clearly God’s decision to abstain

To obey is better than sacrifice
God’s Son knew this to be True
But He did both and through His blood
God has forgiven the sins of me and you

Each one of us commits sin daily
Confessing is what keeps us whole
When we unload before the Lord
It’s a great way to cleans our soul

We won’t get past those pearly gates
By any good deeds that we have done
There’s just one way it will take place
When we accept and profess God’s Son

We will be judged for our righteousness
From those which are lesser to the great
And abide somewhere in the sphere
Of the Lord our God’s heavenly estate

No comments:

Post a Comment