Saturday, October 22, 2011

WHO AM I

NOTE FROM THE POET: I AM POSTING 1 DAY EARLY THIS WEEK AS I AM GOING TO BE GOING ON A RIDE TOMORROW WITH THE KOSHER HOGS MOTORCYCLE CLUB FROM OUR CONGREGATION TO HELP RAISE FUNDS FOR SOME OF OUR TEEN AGE BELIEVERS WHO WILL BE GOING TO ISRAEL.

WHO AM I

Occasionally people will ask me just who I am
I’m a Father Grandfather Uncle cousin and friend
I am a servant of the Living God
On whose love I can always depend

I have children and grandchildren
That I absolutely love and adore
And because that love comes back to me
I really couldn’t ask for more

I’m an uncle cousin and friend who tries to keep up with
Things that are happening with my friends and family
But they’re so spread out throughout this country that
Sadly these are relatives and friends that I rarely see

I am a child of the Living God
I do my best to follow what he asks
It’s not always easy to comply
And I’m not always up to the tasks

The good thing that comes from this though
Is that I confessed my sins and I’m forgiven
That one blessing alone that God gives to me
Is more than enough to always keep me driven

Now that I’ve told you who I am
May I ask the same thing of you
What I’d like to know the most though is
Are you obedient to God in all that you do

If you’re not please tell me why not
It’s a very simple thing to choose
At the end of life which direction you take
As the saying goes, “if you snooze, you lose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment