Sunday, October 16, 2011

FORGIVENESS

FORGIVENESS

God has a way of nudging me with
Word that come from the Holy Spirit
Sometimes like this they are meant
For certain people that need to hear it

We’ve just come through the High Holy Days
Asking God to forgive all of our sins
Since we are asking Him for a fresh start
It’s means that forgiveness from the past begins

I’m referring to something very specific
Families who have rejected their own
It’s time to put these differences aside
So that the seeds of love can be re-sown

I speak from personal knowledge
Although it didn’t happen to me
I saw it happen as a young man
To several members of my family

It was a different era back years ago
When a Jew and a Gentile were wed
They were ostracized by their family
Many of them were considered dead

But God and time has a way of interceding
A new birth or death brought them close again
If it could happen then it can happen now
To this end what I need to hear is an AMEN

If you’ve seen the movie Fiddler on the Roof
It happened to Tevya but even he forgave
Because if you deny one of God’s gifts
What you become is the devil’s slave

You may never understand your differences
But you must re-connect out of love
In the bigger picture you will be blessed
For it will be pleasing to God above

No comments:

Post a Comment