Sunday, August 22, 2010

THEN NOW AND FOREVER

THIS POEM WAS WRITTEN ON 8/19 TO MY WIFE TRUDI, 9 WONDERFUL YEAR AGO TO THE DAY OF OUR FIRST CONVERSATION WHICH LASTED FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS.

THEN NOW AND FOREVER

Every year these special occasions
Come and go like the blink of an eye
Just like the swiftness of days it’s becoming
Harder to write and it makes me want to cry

Please forgive me if I don’t remember
All of the things I need to do each day
Just know that my unconditional love for you
Will never wane in any way

You understand and put up with
My many faults that come your way
And with your help I try to change them
But somehow they don’t seem to go away

So if by chance I’m unable to write about the
Love and respect that I have for my best friend
I just needed for you to know that it will forever be
Sealed and locked within my heart to the very end

No comments:

Post a Comment