Sunday, August 29, 2010

MEMORIES LOST

MEMORIES LOST

As I sit at my computer I feel compelled
To write about some things I’ve lost
Some poems some photos and other things
And in the end what would be the cost

I do remember certain things about
The papers and objects that I can’t find
But I only remember bits and pieces
So it’s hard to leave these things behind

The memories of my family who have passed
Will always stay engrained within my brain
These are memories that I will always cherish
And replay each one of them over and over again

These other losses will always haunt me
Because they must have been important too
Otherwise I would not be dwelling on them
Perhaps you can tell me what I need to do

If I do not find the answer to my quest
I understand that I need to be moving on
Perhaps some day they will show up again
But for now I have to think of them as gone

No comments:

Post a Comment