Sunday, January 17, 2010

I AM A MESSIANIC JEW

What is Messianic Judaism?

As I promised in last week’s blog, I’m going to tell you about Messianic Judaism. But first, let me remind you that in order to post a comment, you must join the blog site. (see bottom of page.) As I have just started this site, I will probably post this same message again several times to be able to get responses from new viewers. THIS WEEK’S 2 POEMS FOLLOW THIS POSTING.

Messianic Judaism is Biblical Judaism from the book of Genesis through the book of Revelation. The inherent word of God as it was given to His prophets and apostles.

The main difference between other branches of Judaism and Messianic Judaism, is that We know that Yeshua (Jesus’ Hebrew name which means salvation) is the Jewish Messiah that was sent by God and sacrificed to absolve the sins of all mankind (Both Jew and Gentile (Christian) who accept Him as Messiah and the Son of God.

Unfortunately God has chosen to put blinders on the other branches of Judaism. But there is hope. God is removing the blinders of many Jewish people (like myself), every day but only in His time.
Other than that there is very little difference between Messianic and the other branches of Judaism. We observe all of the same holidays, traditions and customs of our faith. The one aspect that we do not follow is the Talmud. (rabbinical commentary on the Old Covenant) because it is just that; commentary and not the written word of God.

As Messianic Jews, we do not celebrate December 25th as Yeshua’s birthday. The exact month and day has never been established, although we have a general idea within a few months of the time. We do celebrate His resurrection, but again, not on Easter Sunday. Our spiritual year goes by the lunar calendar, which means that it could fall on any day of the week.

Another facet of Messianic Judaism, is that we are both Jew and Messianic Jewish Believers (Gentiles with the heart of Ruth) that worship and praise Messiah and Father God in the same way that He worshiped His Father in heaven.

I have tried to explain Messianic Judaism in the simplest way that I possibly could and although I have not gone into it in depth, I hope that it gives you somewhat of an understanding of my faith. It goes much deeper than my simple explanation and I welcome your comments that may follow. The Old Covenant is living proof of the New Covenant. It is a very Jewish thing to know your Jewish Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment