Sunday, January 17, 2010

DECADES

Decades

The first was really a terrific experience
My parents taught me right from wrong
To be very polite and listen
And always try to get along

Number two was for growing up
And as a teenage boy I did rebel
But as that time came to a close
You really could not tell

Three was very formidable
It set the pattern for my life
I had a steady girlfriend
Who then became my wife

In the fourth decade I knew that
I’d teach my kids as I was taught
Just the way my parents had done
Without so much as a second thought

As decade number five flew by
My life had seen extreme content
All of my children were married
And I had thoughts of retirement

Number six was really extra special
Most of my children had given birth
Yes I became that spoiling grandpa
It was a joy of immeasurable worth

In seven things were winding down
Sadly I had lost my wife to cancer
Being distraught I didn’t know
Where to turn to find the answer

I knew decade eighth would be my last
I Sought God in praise prayer and song
Only to discover that He had been
Beside me in my journey all along

No comments:

Post a Comment