Thursday, January 15, 2015

IN MEMORY OF GERALD SCHECTER FEBRUARY 12TH, 1928-JANUARY 5TH, 2015




I’ve written poems about two close people
Whose life here on earth came to its end
One of the people was my older daughter
The other was my parent’s closest friend

I only write what the Holy Spirit dictates to me
Gerry was a congregation member and a friend
Who lived a blessed life as a Messianic Jew
Faithful to the Lord right up to the very end

Although Gerry’s life on planet earth is over
He has now graduated into God’s Kingdom
A place where he‘ll reside throughout eternity
The Lord’s gift to him to enjoy that freedom

Gerry Schecter was a gentle giant in so many ways
In my opinion I felt that he was the Jew of Jews
He was love by family and so many friend and both
His action and mannerism spread God’s Good News

Farewell my good friend and faithful servant
I know I’ll see you in God’s Kingdom one day
When God says that my earthly days are over
And just like you the Lord carries me away

No comments:

Post a Comment