Sunday, March 4, 2012

BEATING MYSELF UP

BEATING MYSELF UP

I often wonder why these things happen
Without thinking I open my mouth
And many times the things I say
Have the tendency to go South

Afterwards of course I feel terrible
Especially if it comes back to bite me too
But if I say nothing I’m seen as complacent
So now I’m not sure what I should do

Sometimes like a recent occurrence
I didn’t see the harm in what I said
Until after the fact when it was too late
It makes me not want to get out of bed

Hopefully that last boo-boo that I made
Will pass without causing any flack
All that I can do is hope & pray about it
It might even save me from a heart attack

I guess the only answer I can come up with
Is to think first or say nothing at all
Instead of could have would have should have
Because pride comes before the fall

They say you’re never too old to learn
But at my age I really don’t know
So all that I can do is try to learn and
Pray through my Spirit that I can grow

For even though the Lord know that I know Him
Like the majority He knows that I have human flaws
That’s why I’ve written these words that I’ve written
Always think before you speak it’s worth the pause

No comments:

Post a Comment