Sunday, March 18, 2012

THE POETRY DOCTOR IS IN

THE POETRY DOCTOR IS IN

If you enjoy reading poetry
I’m inviting you to take a peek
I started writing over sixty years and now
Post two new poems on Sunday of each week

Most of the time they are spiritual in content
Some may contain lessons about life
Occasionally there are some that are humorous and
Unless they’re personal some are to or about my wife

Most of the poetry that I’ve written was
Given to me through God’s Holy Spirit
God wants you to get to know His Son
And this is one way to read and hear it

So long as the Lord chooses to give me breath
I’ll keep on writing and there’s even a book
After this poem you can go to the blog archives
Just scroll near the bottom and take a look

Sometimes what I write may bring you comfort or
Perhaps the verses just make you laugh or smile
They say that laughter is the best medicine so why not
Come back and read my prescription once in a while

Having written this my hope and prayer is for just one thing
That my words may bring you to know the Lord’s Salvation
If that’s the case I’d appreciate it if you would let me know
I’d be blessed to share the good news of your joy and jubilation

No comments:

Post a Comment