Sunday, June 27, 2010

SOCIAL INSECURITY

SOCIAL INSECURITY

I got a letter in the mail today
It came from Social Security
They had received my application
To be put on permanent disability

I foresaw a government foul up coming
Despite the fact that I’m visually impaired
But it was the reason for my rejection
That would make me really scared

Someone concluded that I could
Return to my former type of work
The person who made this decision
Had to really be some sort of jerk

My students have an emotional disability
By acting out scenarios that I may not see
The person most at risk here
Would most definitely be me

Should they decide to run from the room
If I saw them naturally I would give chase
Not seeing everything that’s in front of me
It’s very likely that I’d fall flat on my face

In a nutshell the crux of the problem is this
The eye doctor and my principal both agree
That anyone around me could be at risk
Because of the things that I might not see

Whoever is responsible for this decision
Really needs to go back and reevaluate
And even set up a one on one with me
So that I’d be approved at a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment