Sunday, June 20, 2010

A FATHER'S DAY POETIC PRAYER

Every so often, I see a poem written by another poet that I enjoy so much, that I ask their permission to put it on my website. This poem was written by Father Gavin Badway of the Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, which is located in West Palm Beach, Fl. Thank you Father Gavin and God bless you for this beautiful poetic work of art

A FATHER’S DAY POETIC PRAYER

I think of God the Father
And I think of God the Son.
And marvel at the Love they share,
A Love that makes them One.

I think of you, my father too,
And of the love we share,
A love that makes us one as well,
A unity so rare.

You both have given life to me,
A gift I can’t repay
But know that I would give my life for you,
Until my dying day.

Your strong embrace speaks quietly
Of how your love transcends,
Mere spoken words which can’t explain
The bond that never ends.

And as I age each passing year,
My love for you transcends
Beyond the bond of father/child
To everlasting friends

I thank you, father here below
And Father from above,
But most of all, I thank the Lord
For showing me a Father’s love.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment