Sunday, June 27, 2010

MY EXTENDED FAMILY

Some of my poems are from personal experiences. This is one such poem which was written 10 years ago. When I accepted Yeshua as my Jewish Messiah in 2010, being legally blind, I hadn’t driven since ’99. My congregation was about 45 minutes away and a wonderful couple, Denny & Kathy Miller went out of their way every week to pick me up thus making sure that I would be able to worship and fellowship with the congregation. In 2004 Denny was best man at our wedding, and not too long after that they moved out of state. Recently, they moved back and last week I was blessed to see them at Sabbath services and look forward to seeing them for many years to come. Thus the Title:

MY EXTENDED FAMILY

God in His infinite wisdom
Has chosen to grant me
The blessing and joy
Of an extended family

The love we share together
Is manifested in God's praise
The lesson that we’ve learned from this will
Remain in our hearts for the rest of our days

We will be a family always
In heaven and on the earth
Though others may see the love we share
Only the Lord God knows its true worth

No comments:

Post a Comment