Friday, March 17, 2017

GROWING OLD

GROWING OLD

Each one of us has a unique story
Of what it’s like reaching old age
We go from youth to adulthood
Just like a book turn each page

Perhaps the title should be groaning old
Considering all my arthritis pain
I realize it’s necessary for the crops but
I don’t need advance notice of the rain

Here’s a riddle that I’m always quoting
People ask how I feel and how old I am
Well I feel with my hands so how old am I
They ask but do many of them give a damn

One perk I can say about growing old is that
Through it all I’ve really had a wonderful life
Five great daughters and a bunch of grandkids
And best of all a wonderful companion and wife

But the greatest part of growing old is still to come
At some time in the future I’ll get the Lord’s call
One day I’ll even be reunite with my loved ones
So yes I can say growing old is really worth it all 

No comments:

Post a Comment