Sunday, January 1, 2012

DELIVERANCE

DELIVERANCE

For many of the years into my adult life
I used the name of Jesus Christ in vain
As a young Jew growing up it was
A name that I was taught to disdain

I had no reason to question or doubt
Because the Rabbi’s word was taken
As the final word and authority
That is until my faith was shaken

In time God chose to take my blinders off
I read both Covenants all the way through
I saw the error of my sinful ways and now
I am completed and have been born anew

Yeshua came to set us free for both
Jews and Gentiles who are grafted in
His body was broken and His blood
Cleansed all who believe in Him of sin

Although I know that I have sinned
God said that He‘d remember it no longer
And because His Holy Spirit lives in me
Each day my faith grows even stronger

Now I minister God’s Message through
The poetry which I’ve been truly blessed
And if I’m able to plant a seed in someone
I know that the Lord will handle all the rest

He will remove many blinders throughout the world
With the power of His swift and mighty sword
And one day all God’s people will proclaim,
“Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.”

So I implore both Jew and Gentile
Let God take them off for you to see
Once the devil’s bonds have been broken
You will know the truth that set y

No comments:

Post a Comment