Sunday, December 18, 2011

BECAUSE CHRISTMAS FALLS ON SUNDAY, NEXT WEEKS POSTINGS WILL BE ON SATURDAY. TODAY'S 2 POEMS FOLLOW THIS MESSAGE.

A MESSIANIC CHANUKAH CELEBRATION

On the first night of Chanukah
My true love gave to me
A menorah to celebrate
And to tell why we are free

On the second night of Chanukah
I lit the Shamash and candles one and two
It reminded me of the daily miracles
That God grants me and you

On the third night of Chanukah
I thank the Lord for all He does
A God filled with Grace and Mercy
Who Will Be Is and Was

On the fourth night of Chanukah
When the holiday is half way through
I think about Messiah Yeshua who died
To absolve the sins of me and you

On the fifth night of Chanukah
I go out and spread God’s Word
That Yeshua is the true Messiah and
Disclaim the untruth that you’ve heard

On the sixth night of Chanukah I Remember
How our Savior died and rose again
He made it clear through His disciples
That we are all to be fishers of men

On the seventh night of Chanukah
As the holiday nears the end
I’m reminded that one day
Yeshua will return to us again

On the last night of Chanukah
With the candles all aglow
I look toward the Eastern sky
And long to hear the shofars blow

And though each verse that I have written
May not truly depict each Chanukah night
I long for the gift of Messiah’s return
For He alone is the Truth Way and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment