Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE ANNIVERSARY OF GOD'S PLAN

THE ANNIVERSARY OF GOD’S PLAN

On August nineteenth exactly ten yeas ago
I received a phone call that changed my life
I had posted an internet ad on match.com
Looking for a steady girlfriend or a wife

I actually put her off because I was in the middle
Of conversing with a friend with a troubled past
She didn’t mind and called me back that night
God knew that when we connected it would last

Later that night we talked for two and one half hours
Many things that were said I can’t exactly remember
We both knew that God orchestrated it from day one
And I asked her to marry me the following December

Although we had to wait for two and a half years
Both of us knew it would be well worth the wait
From day one there has never been any doubt
That God constantly puts blessings on our plate

In a couple of months we’ll be married seven years
It feels like the two of us have never been apart
Not a day passes that we’re not there for each other
And after God we’re number one in each other’s heart

I haven’t mentioned a specific four letter word
Because I really didn’t believe there was a need
It’s the unending love we have for one another
We know that it was God who planted that seed

I could go on and on telling you many things
About us that you would like to hear or see
But what you would see when you got to know us is that
With God in our lives we’ll be together through eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment