Monday, July 18, 2011

POETIC PURPOSE

POETIC PURPOSE

Most of the poetry that others write
Conveys a message when you read it
It may be humorous sad or romantic
Mine comes to me from the Holy Spirit

Many will write it as prose or in rhyme
The latter is the way I choose to write
And the words which I put on paper
I express so that all may see God’s Light

They are not just lines that rhyme and
Although I don’t always quote bible scripture
They are written to stir up the feelings in your soul
In the hope that you’ll see the bigger picture

Sometimes they’re aimed at those who have lost their way
Or to comfort the state of sadness in which they’re mired
God wants you to put your total trust in Him
From the beginning it’s exactly what He’s desired

I’m just one of the many vessels that God uses
He has always provided many other ways
Such as reading His Word from the Holy Bible
Which will guide your path for the rest of your days

No comments:

Post a Comment