Sunday, September 26, 2010

REFLECT AS THE END TIME DRAWS NEARER

REFLECT AS THE END TIME DRAWS NEARER

For many years in my adult life
I used the name of Jesus Christ in vain
As a young Jew growing up
It was a name that I was taught to disdain

But in God’s time He took my blinders off
I read both testaments all the way through
I saw the error of my ways
And now I’m a creature born anew

Jesus came to free us of our sins
both the Jew and Gentile who is grafted in
By His blood our sins have been forgiven
By professing belief see your new life begin

Although I know that I have sinned
He said that He’d remember this no longer
And because His Holy Spirit lives in me
My faith in Him grows even stronger

Now I can minister God’s message
With the poetic talent which I’ve been blessed
And if I plant a seed in someone
God will handle all the rest

He will take many blinders off
Throughout the world with a swift sword
And one day all the people will declare
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord

I implore both Jews and Gentiles
Let God remove the blinders for you to see
Once the devil’s bonds are broken
You will know the truth that set you free

No comments:

Post a Comment