Sunday, October 3, 2010

THE COIN COLLECTOR

THE COIN COLLECTION

I have an extremely interesting hobby
It’s collecting coins that are worldwide
The ones that I’ve gathered over time
Have brought me a great sense of pride

It consists of over seven thousand pieces from
Four hundred countries with a slight twist
Although I have the coins from them
These countries no longer exist

I’m not in it for their monetary value
Though some of them are worth a bit
There is a history behind every coin
And that’s the reason that I’m into it

Besides the history lesson that each coin reveals
Perhaps some famous person handled one or two
It could have been Napoleon Ghandi or Lincoln
There may be so many and I’ve just named a few

I’ll continue to collect them
Until the day that I am gone
Then I’m passing them to my grandson
Hoping that he will carry my hobby on

No comments:

Post a Comment