Sunday, February 7, 2010

FORTUNE OR MISFORTUNE

FORTUNE OR MISFORTUNE

I was walking on a stretch of beach
When I began to stumble
I saw the bottle that made me trip
And it began to rumble

I picked it up and it was sealed
So I pulled the cork to look inside
What happened next was an explosion
I thought that I had almost died

But when the smoke had cleared away
A monstrous genie came into view
“As thanks for freeing me, he said,
I’ll grant three wishes just for yoy.”

My first wish was for lots of gold
And when I ‘d gotten done
I was still on the strip of beach
Burning up under a golden sun

The next thing that I wished for
I had wanted since I was a boy
I’d really like an expensive car
What the genie gave me was a toy

I understood right then what was happening
I asked him to check inside his bottle for me
Once inside I sealed the bottle
And tossed it back into the sea

The lesson that I learned from this
Was not to be so filled with greed
The Lord will open many door for you
Providing all that you will ever need

No comments:

Post a Comment