Friday, February 26, 2010

SEE U. S. MARINE POEM AT BOTTOM OF PAGE

THIS WEEK'S 2 POEMS ARE POSTED 2 DAYS EARLY AS I WILL BE ON VACATION.

MY GRANDKIDS (This poem was written in December of 2000)

This poem is about my grandkids
They number only three
But whether three or twenty they mean
Everything in the world to me

Jason is my oldest grandson
Sometimes he gets out of sorts
The thing that gets him back on track
Is his zealous love of sports

Alex is the middle child
He’s always being scolded
But that’s o.k. because at three
His mind is still being molded

Lindsay is the youngest one
Her eyes look up at me and flutter
It’s no wonder when I look at her
I become a pool of melted butter

The one thing that I’m hoping for
Is to be able to see them fully grown
It would make me a great-grandpa
When they have children of their own

The last verse that I’m writing here
Is really quite plain for all to see
I love them all with all my heart
They will always be a part of me


On the day of her installation as newly appointed
President of our congregations Sisterhood (Only a few members of our leadership knew her identity prior to that morning), the Lord woke me at 4 a.m. and through the Holy Spirit, gave me these words of encouragement for her.

MY INTERCESSORY PRAYER FROM GOD

This is a day of jubilation
Through the power of the Holy Spirit
You have responded well to Yeshua’s call
From the moment that you heard it

The Lord will pour out blessings upon you
That will fill your days and nights
And through His love and power
He will guide your way unto new heights

The goals that you seek in this new year
As President of the Sisterhood
Will surpass your expectations
For God’s Glory and His Good

MAZEL TOV!

No comments:

Post a Comment