Saturday, August 31, 2019

BIBLICAL DAYDREAMS OF FAITH


biblical daydreams of faith



In random daydreams I would fantasize
About living in various time frames in the bible
The trying and the joyful times
For which, since I was there, I would be liable

I felt the presence of the LORD
With Moses, I saw the bush that burned
To humble myself and have reverent fear
Are just two of the lessons that I’ve learned

I was in the camp of Abraham
When God’s covenant was given
He was commanded to sacrifice his son
His love of God and to obey kept him driven

When Joshua surrounded the city
By honoring the trumpet’s call
It was as God did decree
And I saw the walls of Jericho fall

I was on the battlefield with David
Hopelessly all looked to be lost
But his Godly faith would slay goliath
With rocks from a slingshot that were tossed

I stood in the court of King Solomon
God gave him wisdom beyond his years
Two women claimed a newborn child
The outcome brought me joyful tears

After the victory of Judah Macabee
With little oil for a Godly dedication      
Miraculously it lasted for eight days
Wow! What a cause for celebration

On and on throughout the bible
I saw all the miracles God had amassed
And though they were all wondrous
I’ve saved the best for last

I was part of the multitude
That saw God’s son hang on a tree
Because He was the only perfect sacrifice
For which God set the sins of mankind free

The daydreams that I have are awesome
But God has other plans for me
Messiah said to minister God’s word
Of salvation now and for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment