Sunday, November 20, 2011

A PRIDE THAT GIVES GOD ALL THE GLORY

A PRIDE THAT GIVES GOD ALL THE GLORY

Last week my younger daughter Shelby received
An award as Fulton County Teacher of the Year
The emotion that I felt for this accomplishment
Was felt by me with pride and many a tear

The award was followed by her acceptance speech
It was addressed not only to teachers but everyone there
It was so awesome that I felt more people should hear it
When it comes out I’ll be giving you the website to share

I make a joke about how smart she is and say that
More than likely it must have skipped a generation
In truth I know just where her motivation comes from
That has brought us all so much joy and jubilation

It comes from the talents of a grandfather and uncle
As well as her mother myself and her older sister too
Not stopping there she learns from all those around her
And a passion to share all of the good that she would do

I’m just as excited when it comes to my older daughter Natalie
Whose passion as an educator has also brought me great pride
As well as her giving me three wonderful grandkids to love
So many blessings from God give me goose bumps inside

I may not have that much of a claim to fame
My passion is that God is number one in my life
In return He has given me these blessings and more
And topped it off with Trudi my Godly loving wife

No comments:

Post a Comment