Sunday, March 27, 2011

LOVE AT THE BALL AND AFTER ALL

LOVE AT THE BALL AND AFTER ALL

One night I went to a society ball
In my tux I looked really great
I was hoping to meet a lady of wealth
And ask her to go out on a date

What I had in mind was to woo her
There are some real big bucks in society
As you can probably tell by now
I was strictly looking out for me

And just like that it happened
She was beautiful there was no doubt
Our eyes met and she danced with me
Eventually I would ask her out

She was so enchanting
And I was all aglow
We danced until the music stopped
And then she said,” I have to go.”

The rain was coming down real hard
And she had no umbrella
So I offered her my raincoat
Thinking “Boy, am I a lucky fella.”

As she disappeared into the night I thought
That we would probably never meet again
But she called and said, “Come get your coat.”
Telling me exactly where and when

She said that inside one of my pockets
She found my number and my name
If we had never met again
It really would have been a shame

The directions that she gave me
Were to a diner that was brand new
Sitting down in a corner booth
I heard, “Can I help you?”

I looked into her big blue eyes
She was a waitress obviously
She smiled and said, “Thanks for the coat.”
The rest I knew was destiny

I had bee looking for riches like a fool
On the night that I went to that dance
Instead what the Lord blessed me with
Was a lifetime filled with romance

We went on dates for a while and
I knew just what was happening
God gave me wealth beyond compare and
Sealed our vows with a wedding ring

The story doesn’t end here
For God showed us the way
By doing what the Lord asks of us
The love we share grows every day

The love we have for God is special
As is our love for one another
I knew that He saw the way we felt
For He made my wife a loving mother

Our life together will never end
As we proudly look upon our family
Knowing that God sacrificed His only Son
So that we could be with Him for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment