Sunday, March 7, 2010

THIS WAS WRITTEN JUST PRIOR TO OUR 1ST ANNIVERSARY IN 2005

"1"

As I sit here at the desk
Where I am a volunteer
I think about our first anniversary
And wish that you were near

Many times I don't hear what you're saying
And I know that I don't always listen too
I know that I would have fallen apart
If the Lord had not bonded me to you

Lou Gherig made a statement on the day
That he retired as a New York Yankee
He said, " Today I consider myself the luckiest man
In the world." A statement that also applies to me

Because of yesterday today and tomorrow
In rain or shine, no matter what the weather
I give thanks to the Lord who was is and always will be
That He chose to put the two of us together

God knew in advance that without you
My life wouldn't have taken a jump start
He blessed me by putting us together knowing
That you’d rekindle the flame within my heart

I praise the Lord and thank you as well,
Your being is the joy within my life
But even more so for that day one year ago
When God joined us echad as husband and wife


May the Lord bless us with as many years together
As is His will. (which I pray are many)
XXXX8OOOO, Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment