Sunday, April 24, 2011

GOD'S MENTAL TAPE RECORDER

GOD’S MENTAL TAPE RECORDER

When God gives me too many thoughts at once
Through the power of His Holy Spirit
I sort them into cassettes within my brain
Then I replay each one to hear it

God truly has a sense of humor though
Sometimes the words are not in order
And if I’m not sure where to put them
He says to rewind my mental tape recorder

What He suggests always seems to work
Yet every so often the words get misplaced
When I try to remember what they were
Somehow the tape always seems to get erased

And sometimes when I least expect it
They pop out of nowhere and come back
Which enables me to put them into verse
Because God has put my mind on track

God gave us a brain for a very good reason
Not to clutter it with sinful worldly things
But to fill it with clear and pure thoughts
Like the Grace and Mercy that Salvation brings

No comments:

Post a Comment